The mobile platform Kobuki Turtlebot II is a low-cost mobile robot for education and research. Despite the price, this product offers a high performance and is able to carry out most of advanced robotic tasks like mapping, localization, etc.
What is it?
- Low-cost mobile platform for research and education
- Turtlebot compatible platform
- ROS ready robot
Basic components included
The following components are included by default with the robot.
- Kobuki Base
- TurtleBot 2 Hardware (disks, poles, ...)
- Battery 1x4S1P 2200 mAh
- Fast battery charger
- Usb communication cable
* The option " Assembly and configuration" includes:
Assembly, installation and configuration of all the robot components, excluding the arm option. Installation of the latest ROS version.
* The arm option includes its assembly.
For other version, please contact with us.
- Maximum translational velocity: 70 cm/s
- Maximum rotational velocity: 180 deg/s (>110 deg/s gyro performance will degrade)
- Payload: 5 kg (hard floor), 4 kg (carpet)
- Cliff: will not drive off a cliff with a depth greater than 5cm
- Threshold Climbing: climbs thresholds of 12 mm or lower
- Rug Climbing: climbs rugs of 12 mm or lower
- Expected Operating Time: 3/7 hours (small/large battery)
- Expected Charging Time: 1.5/2.6 hours (small/large battery)
- Docking: within a 2mx5m area in front of the docking station
- PC Connection: USB or via RX/TX pins on the parallel port
- Motor Overload Detection: disables power on detecting high current (>3A)
- Odometry: 52 ticks/enc rev, 2578.33 ticks/wheel rev, 11.7 ticks/mm
- Gyro: factory calibrated, 1 axis (110 deg/s)
- Bumpers: left, center, right
- Cliff sensors: left, center, right
- Wheel drop sensor: left, right
- Power connectors: 5V/1A, 12V/1.5A, 12V/5A
- Expansion pins: 3.3V/1A, 5V/1A, 4 x analog in, 4 x digital in, 4 x digital out
- Audio : several programmable beep sequences
- Programmable LED: 2 x two-coloured LED
- State LED: 1 x two coloured LED [Green - high, Orange - low, Green & Blinking - charging]
- Buttons: 3 x touch buttons
- Battery: Lithium-Ion, 14.8V, 2200 mAh (4S1P - small), 4400 mAh (4S2P - large)
- Firmware upgradeable: via usb
- Sensor Data Rate: 50Hz
- Recharging Adapter: Input: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz, 1.5A max; Output: 19V DC, 3.16A
- Netbook recharging connector (only enabled when robot is recharging): 19V/2.1A DC
- Docking IR Receiver: left, centre, right
- C++ drivers for linux and windows
- ROS node
- Gazebo Simulation
Get your manipulator robot!
*The arm option includes its assembled.
Interact with the environment thanks to an arm integration in your Turtlebot2.
Buy Turtlebot 2 robot ROS